run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Comeback

Well, kinda.

So after a week of dead legs and an awful race execution, I didn't really have high hopes for last week. Particularly since technically, it would be my toughest week of training. But, I kinda nailed it. I had a great interval workout, I had a nice mid-length long run with the last 9 miles at race pace, and I got to sneak over to Percy Warner for a run on the 11.2 mid-week. Doesn't get much better than that in a week. And the kicker? It doesn't really feel like I ran that much this week. Mentally or physically.

Which, is kinda freaking me out. Usually, the last hard week of training I'm dragging ass, contemplating what excuses I'll use come race day, kicking myself for not sticking to my training plan, and just generally feeling like a used up piece of shit. And instead I'm EXCITED about the race in less than 2 weeks. I'm feeling good about my training and I'm already looking forward to starting another training cycle.

I have no idea what the hell is wrong with me. I didn't just drink the kool-aid, I must have snorted it straight from the packet. Anyway... I'm going to ride this high as long as I can...

Look out taper... here I come.

1 comment:

Carina said...

Can't wait for you to kick butt!