run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 4: Just Run.

Duh. This week, I signed up for a spring race, booked the hotel room, and am now just chomping at the bit to get started.


In anticipation, my goal these last two weeks (training starts Dec 1!) is to try and run everyday. Even if it's just a little bit, just to get myself used to running when I don't want to.

The KoB made a great point a couple of weeks ago, about needing to get back into the groove of JUST RUNNING. Not thinking about running, not complaining about running, just getting out there and doing it. Not having a choice in the matter. So, that's what I'm trying to accomplish. Getting back in the habit of running. I told him, that 95% of the time, I don't want to run. But in the past, I never let that stop me. I just did it anyway. It's time to get back to that discipline.

And so far, this week... the runs have been spectacular. Even with the colder weather. I'm trying not to get too excited, because, I've had these false starts of excitement before... but, I think this might finally be it. I might finally be motivated and truly ready to train again.




1 comment:

Gracie said...

I think you like RACING so therefore you must run! I actually like running itself, a lot, but I've realized it's mainly for the time alone outside. Walking or biking is generally just as enjoyable. Elliptical or treadmill, though, are the worst things ever!