run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

New Age Group, Bitches! Weekend Review

Saturday Morning:

I met Liz at 6:15 to get in 3 miles before the Nashville Striders Group 14 miler. I had been fighting a cold since Wednesday and I was unsure how that was going to affect me on the run.

I am happy to report that the cold didn't really bother me, but, my lack of fitness sure as hell did! I struggled hard for the last 2 miles or so. Sheesh. I managed to get in 16 miles. My early March marathon is likely to be a sufferfest. But, I don't care. I'm going to cross a state off the list and have a blast on a trip with friends. I haven't ran a marathon since December 2013. Ready or not... it's time.


Saturday Day:

The KoB finally moved into his house. So, I got to ride shotgun in a U-Haul and instead of helping too much, I basically blew my nose every 2 minutes and offered unsolicited suggestions of how I thought the U-Haul should be loaded.

Before:

After:
Saturday Evening:

The Bitches and Sonsabitches got together for dinner. We went to a new french place. Meh. The highlight was that it was right next door to a Dairy Queen, so guess where we went for dessert?

See that strawberry sundae I'm eating?
Only 260 calories, bitches.
Sunday Morning:

My birthday! I turned 35 and crossed over into a new age group. The KoB and I cleaned and straightened his house up a bit, but it was pouring rain all day and just kind of blah.

Eventually we headed to my parents house for dinner and dessert. It was a good birthday. Nice to spend the morning/day with The KoB and my pup, Leo. And then spend the evening with my family, too.

The KoB and I don't really do "gifts," but he thoughtfully surprised me with a print of my ole college stomping grounds:

 Go Cocks!!!!!

and a smaller print of a red panda (inside joke):

Totes adorbs.

It was unexpected and super thoughtful and I cannot wait to frame and hang them up!

It's hard to believe that I've been living for 35 years. My life might not be what I had imagined it would be, but man, it is just right.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Welcome to the new age bracket group! I just turned 35 myself back in January...and so far 35 hasn't been too shabby. Hope your year fares the same :)