run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Honesty. It sucks sometimes.

It's September.

Time to get serious. Technically, I started "training" for a marathon a few weeks ago, but in actuality, this is the month where I am hoping to make some major strides and get my running life back on track.

I am also toying with the idea of joining Weight Watches and using their online app. My weight is out of control. All summer I tried a high protein diet and ended up eating way too much processed soy crap and have stalled out and possibly even gained weight. I'm unhappy with my weight and my body and while I've counted calories with success in the past, I think a points system might offer me some flexibility and at the very least, something new to challenge me. I downloaded an App for my phone called Ultimate Food Value Diary Plus which is similar to Weight Watchers, so I am going to use it for a few days and if I like it, I might take the plunge and commit to Weight Watchers for 3 months.

 
Which means less of this.
Sadly.
 
Honestly, it's hard to get over the shame and embarrassment that I let myself get to this point. The point where all my clothes are too tight. The point where I mostly wear running shorts around the house instead of real shorts because...HELLO I need to be able to breathe.


So, that's where I am.

Now, that I'm admitting to myself and my friends that I need to get a grip on my weight, I can just move forward and start making the changes that I know I can make.

In the past I've shied away from talking about my weight or what I eat on the blog. And, I am going to continue to not talk about it too much. But, I also wanted to address it, because, well... it's a problem.

Anyway... onward and upward and if anyone has great things or terrible things to say about Weight Watchers let me know! NYC recap still in the works, btw.

3 comments:

Dolly said...

((Hugs)) unless you don't like internet hugs. I don't think you are alone in the way you feel.

I hate talking about weight on my blog too, because in the grand scheme of things the only person it bothers is yourself. Especially if we are just talking about vanity weight.

And running is one of those double edge swords. More miles makes me even hungrier.

I did Weight Watchers back in 2011, and I hated being one of the smaller people at the meetings. They look at you like "WTF are you doing here" or they are surprised to hear that you are a runner. But, the accountability is what I liked about WW. Weighing in every week in front of a complete stranger is good motivation.

In 2013 when I needed to lose baby weight the second time, I couldn't afford WW. I found an app on my phone to track points, and I had a co-worker that would weigh me in once a week for accountability. She was a total WW success story, and motivation for me to get into shape.

Do you have any friends that have been in a similar situation?

Don't be too hard on yourself.


Carina said...

I'll be interested to hear what you think, I'm in the same boat. The most I've weighed in probably a decade, unhappy with it, but still somehow not doing what it takes to change it.

Gracie said...

I got kind of fat, too, and it sucks. I just like my food and sloth. I suppose I need to crack down and stop shoveling candy in my mouth.